If nothing else your shopping experience should be fun. We have a great space, amazing staff and an atmosphere that will put you at ease from the second you walk in the door. Into The Music has evolved from a half empty 600 square foot space on Corydon Ave to our present location in the historic Exchange District. We are full of Quality Collectible Music, a browser’s paradise, a meeting place and a part of our community.
We are best known for keeping the flame burning for Vinyl LPs and 45s from our opening until the present time. We also have over 10,000 CDs in stock and that number is growing as we receive fresh stock on a daily basis. We are introducing our own Collection Cornerstones list, a listing of albums we stock on a continuous basis that you might want to consider when building your own collection. Collection Cornerstones consist of classic, influential artists from the past who have been the standard-bearers of the exciting and innovative music that has emerged throughout the decades. Some of them have even sold a lot of records! These are often familiar titles that fly off the shelves when they come in used: from the Beatles, Stones and Miles Davis to Big Star, The Fall and Parliament-Funkadelic.
Maybe you’ve heard all the classics and want to get into a genre or style beyond the big names. We stock plenty of those too, and have access to tens of thousands other titles that you can special order.
Other features of shopping at Into The Music:
- Discounts: 10% on all purchases of Used stock over $60 (in-store purchases only).
- Stock Guarantees: Cash back guarantee on defect (except bargain bin/final sale items).
- Listening Centres: Be sure you’re happy your purchase before you leave the store. We have four listening centres. Check out any used LP, CD or New CD in store (excludes New “yellow price sticker” LP’s).
- Cash for your music: We pay cash for used Quality Collectible Music, good titles in Ex condition.
- Best selection possible: We take the best and leave the rest. No going through junk to find the music you want.
- Special orders: We deal with over a dozen suppliers some of whom deal with hundreds of labels and artists. If anyone can find it we can.
- Credit & Debit payments: Visa, MasterCard, & Debit Cards are all accepted.
- Annual and special event sales: We have several sales events each year including Record Store Day in April, our anniversary sale in July, and Boxing Day. We’ll slip another one or two a year in to turn over old stock or make way for large coming in collections. For information on upcoming sales, subscribe to our newsletter, listen to University radio stations CKUW or CJUM or read Uptown Magazine.
- Amazing Staff: The best for last. We love the movie, but our staff are the anti-“High Fidelity” crew. No attitude, super knowledgeable, approachable and good for a laugh. See our staff page for more.